- Broom Foundation is a registered charity: Charity Commission registration no. 1084316, Inland Revenue no. XN77898; and is governed by its own trust deed, the Charity Act 2011 and the Charity Commission for England and Wales. (Documents are available for inspection in our office).
- All donations given to Broom Foundation are irrevocable and form part of the Broom Foundation charity, the legal right and duty of the trustees being to use them in accordance with the charity law and our charity objects, at the trustees’ sole discretion. Broom Foundation does undertake however to honour the donor’s recommendation with regards to the distribution of some of their funds.
- Vouchers are to be used for voluntary contributions & charitable donations only. Vouchers may not be used where the payee is providing a service or the donor is receiving any benefit, in exchange for the contribution.
- Broom Foundation will not honour a voucher that does not comply with Inland Revenue and Charity Commission regulations. We reserve the right to seek further confirmation and proof in order to verify that funds distributed are indeed a donation. In addition, foreign charity donations incur further stringent regulatory conditions, which necessitate completion of further documentation in order to verify the above
- The name of the payee must be clearly stated on vouchers issued by you. Broom Foundation reserves the right to refuse to pay vouchers where the payee’s name or amount is omitted or appears to have been altered.
- Pre-paid vouchers are processed automatically and are not checked. Broom Foundation do not accept any liability whatsoever to you or to any third party in the event that it honours a voucher that is subsequently found to be forged, expired or fraudulent.
- Broom Foundation, if instructed and where possible, claim Gift Aid on your donations
- Broom Foundation will keep records and accounts regarding your account in line with our legal requirements and under no circumstances for a period of less than 6 years.
- Payments into your Broom Foundation account can only be made by sending funds from a bank account registered in your name. We do not accept third party cheques from to be paid to a Client account.
- You will ensure that Broom Foundation is able to communicate with you and that you will provide any information required or as soon as practicable and always within one week of such a request. You will inform Broom Foundation promptly, of any change in your contact details or, where a Gift Aid declaration has been made, circumstances which may affect the ability to claim Gift Aid on your donations.
- As per the terms set forth in its trust deed, Broom Foundation may invest some of its funds for the benefit of the trust and its subjects in strict accordance with the trust deed, its subjects and the charity commission.
- Broom Foundation charges a commission for account management & bank transfer fees for foreign charity donations. Further details can be found in the relevant sections on our homepage.
- TERMINATION OF ARRANGEMENT
You or Broom Foundation may terminate this contract at any time by giving one month's written notice to the other party.
Broom Foundation may terminate this contract with immediate effect by way of written notice to you if you commit a material breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions 3_22 (revised)